Exley: Bill Roundy’s cartoon review

Our roving Bartoonist finds a buzzing little bar near the BQE

for The Brooklyn Paper

Exley [1 Jackson St., between Union and Meeker avenues, in Williamsburg, www.theexley.com]. Open Mon–Thu, 4 pm–2 am; Fri, 4 pm–4 am; Sat, noon–4 am; Sun, noon–2 am.

Pin It
Print this story Permalink

wow from not williamsburg says:
only group of foolish hipster "look-at-me's" would flock in droves to a former car garage to eat and drink.
and by the look of things, seems like that half table of outdoor eating is probably in the way of any normal citizens still left in this "place" just trying to live their lives and carry groceries home or walk their kids home
what a ridiculous neighborhood, packed with ohioans, oklahomans, iowans, kansasites.... ie. jerkoffs
Nov. 8, 2012, 10:48 am
benti from brooklyn says:
sounds like a little jealousy to me...
Nov. 8, 2012, 5:46 pm
Fanny from Statty I says:
I agree. Could you imagine turning a dingy car garage into a cool little bar! Unspeakable! I bet the stupid new roof clogs up the hipsters air space. Ridiculous. I've been there a few times and everyone was smiling and having a good time. Can't people just be angry anymore. The drinks are awesome the food is good but you don't have to giggle all over about it. The music is awesome too, big deal!!! I can barely get my giant grocery bags around the outdoor seating. It sux so bad they should build another one. I'll even invest. I'll show those friggin hard workin hippies.
Nov. 8, 2012, 9:06 pm
PAviaLIC says:
To not williamsburg....you are f'n insane! I happen to know one of Exley's owners and I know how much of his heart, soul, and blood he has put into making this a great destination not only for Brooklynites, but New Yorkers as a whole. Hope to be able to stop by soon!
Nov. 8, 2012, 9:24 pm
not a foolish hipster "look-at-me" from brooklyn says:
I think it's a cool bar. To be fair though, I guess I don't have a problem with foolish hipster "look-at-me's", ohioans, oklahomans, iowans, kansasites, or jerkoffs in general. I just like a good drink.
Nov. 8, 2012, 9:35 pm
williamsburg, er ut from les says:
they don't have an attitude. they actually taste their drinks. you can afford to buy more than one. space is well thought out, but obviously limited in size. only problem is...f. exley wouldn't be caught dead at a bar with no football.
Nov. 8, 2012, 11:05 pm
Adam from Greenpoint says:
Dearest Wow,
You're right, it's quite a shame that a few aspiring business owners took over a dirty building that was falling apart, renewed it and created a fine spot for people in the neighborhood to gather. if you actually knew the space where the Exley is located, you'd be impressed with what they were able to accomplish... that is if you could get your head out of your ass and actually visit the space... but on second thought, you should leave it up there and suffocate.

Cheers!