Ride-by: Man shot, mugged Downtown by perp on bicycle

A man was shot and mugged Downtown outside of the Brooklyn Friends School by a bike-riding thug on Monday, cops said.

The 26-year-old victim was walking past the private school on Pearl Street just steps away from the district attorney’s office when he was shot in the left shoulder at 5:50 pm, a police spokeswoman said.

The gun-wielding suspect — who remains at large — snatched the man’s bag, which had an undisclosed amount of cash, and fled on the two-wheeler, the spokeswoman said.

The victim, whose name has not been released, was taken to Bellevue Hospital Center and listed in stable condition.

The investigation is ongoing, police said.

The portion of Pearl Street on which the man was shot dead-ends at the office tower and hotel between Jay and Adams streets.

Reach reporter Natalie Musumeci at nmusumeci@cnglocal.com or by calling (718) 260-4505. Follow her at twitter.com/souleddout.

BunnynSunny from Clinton Hill says:
It's amazing any of us are still alive.
July 2, 2013, 3:19 pm
Tal Barzilai from Pleasantville, NY says:
I won't be surprised if Streetsblog will try to either bury this or will just refuse to post this article altogether.
July 2, 2013, 7:48 pm
ty from pps says:
Tal - you're a ridiculous clown as usual.
July 3, 2013, 12:28 am
o3 from bk says:
was it a fixie?
July 3, 2013, 8:03 am
Tal Barzilai from Pleasantville, NY says:
I suspect that all the bikers and joggers will attempt to rebuke this editorial, but us taxpaying motorists are at the breaking point. We are tired of being blamed for all social ills when this article prooves that bikers commit just as many nefarious crimes. Before the usaul hamasing remarks against me come out from the streetsblogger zealouts hiding under aliases in cahoots with the sordid impersonateurs, remember that I have already made my statement on this a while ago. It's not that I have anything against others that want to disagree with me, it was those who have actually attacked for taking a different side from them. It was more like they were like fanatics and extermists rather than just some simple bandwagoner and yesmen in that they were looking for those who weren't on their side and acted as if they were pointing a gun at me to either agree with me or die. Some of them didn't like it when I used facts to disproove them on their statements. On this and other sites, most of them responded with either some blanket statement that was already mentioned by either the politicians or developers, while others just got very defensive or tried to dodge the question. They felt as if my questions on their attitude was a humilation and hurting their acts of fanaticisim on projects, bikelanes or otherwise, so they demanded a ban all b/c they couldn't answer it as quickly as I could. Some of them were against bringing up some projects or other issues up for a debate, b/c they were afraid that they would have nothing to rebuttle with other than what they started with. As for the statement that I am just a rediculous clown, I take great issue with personal attacks, which I consider to be a hit way below the belt, and even below the likes of you, Ty. I am tired of the lazy arrogant bikers getting away with so many tax breaks making those drivers some struggling with a lower income pay more. And now they are mugging and shotting people two. Ty, you can't even see that your comments are completely from the prism of somebody who bikes all the live long day. everything looks different from the perspective of a selfish biker who flagarently ignores the rules of the road, and apparently this website as I believe that personal attacks are not permitted yet I still seem to be the primary victim of all this incessant hamasing.
July 3, 2013, 12:50 pm
ty from pps says:
That was pretty amusing.
July 3, 2013, 1:52 pm
Tal Barzilai from Pleasantville, NY says:
First of all, I wasn't at my computer at 12:50 PM today, because I just got on right now. Seriously, ty, you need to stop with the impersonations, and I find them very cowardly. Nevertheless, I knew there was going to be a day when muggers were going to use bicycles. Being that bicycles are not licensed, it will be easier for them to get away with their crimes just like all the cyclists who tend to hit pedestrians and flee the scene of the accidents that they commit.
July 3, 2013, 4:04 pm
ty from pps says:
Less amusing, needs work.
July 3, 2013, 4:32 pm
Tal Barzilai from Pleasantville, NY says:
I wouldn't be surprised if that mugger was probably ty or some other bike zealot that probably hangs out on Streetsblog.
July 3, 2013, 5:30 pm
ty from pps says:
A little better... but needs a little more of a crazy homeless man rambling feel.
July 3, 2013, 6:36 pm
Tal Barzilai from Pleasantville, NY says:
If you can tell me where you were at that time, I won't accuse you of being that mugger otherwise I will believe it was you.
July 5, 2013, 3:12 pm
Mustache Pete from Fort Greene says:
Tal -- The Israeli army needs bodies to fight Hezbollah. Since you equate bicyclists with terrorists, here's your chance if you're a real person. Otherwise, stay in mommy's basement.
July 16, 2013, 9:05 am