Brooklyn now has two all-female Guns N’ Roses cover bands

The battle between Brooklyn’s all-female Guns N’ Roses cover bands is turning into an all-out civil war that’s pitting musical prowess against a---less chaps.

Last summer, Guns N’ Hoses took Brooklyn by storm, reintroducing women to glam and the leather-pants spirit of the ’80s with temporary tattoos and enough hair spray to threaten the ozone layer.

Now, another group of twisted sisters is paying tribute to metal heroes Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagen, Izzy Stradlin, and Steven Adler, performing under the name the Rocket Queen.

And this rivalry is the biggest Guns N’ Roses battle since Rose had a beef with Motley Crue lead singer Vince Neil.

This metal fight, much like Rose’s Motley feud, comes down to substance versus style.

“I know these songs note for note,” said Lily Maase, who plays Slash in the Rocket Queens. “They don’t have that going on.”

That’s because Guns N’ Hoses say a cover isn’t just about hitting the right notes — it’s mainly about sex, drugs, and rock ’n’ roll.

“We embody our beloved Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steve in every way we know how,” said Mia Von Glitz, who plays “Muff” McKagen in Guns N’ Hoses. “Gash humps her Les Paul and shreds her solo while Axl Hose screams, crabs and falls to the floor, only to be faced with the up-the-skirt-shot of my vajungle … [Lizzy Straddling] sexily headbangs her incredible red mane to the solid beat given by killer Stevie Rattler on the kit.”

It is, in fact, quite a show.

But the Rocket Queens has its own secret weapon: a keyboard.

The six-piece act’s electric piano lets the band play Guns N’ Roses’s proggy riffs and ballads, most notably “November Rain.”

Guns N’ Hoses, on the other hand, prefer the rawness of earlier anthems like “Out Ta Get Me” and “You’re Crazy.”

“If you love something, you emulate it to the best of your ability,” said Guns N’ Hoses’s Von Glitz, who bought an all-white Fender Precision bass that looks like the one McKagen used to play. “In truth, learning Duff’s bass lines has made me a much stronger bass player. The dude is an animal.”

Clearly, Guns N’ Roses means a lot to these women.

Maase grew up in a conservative household where her mother forbid rock music. But her father sneaked her a copy of “Sweet Child O’ Mine” when she was in elementary school and it changed the course of her life.

“It was the first time I had heard any electric guitar,” said Maase. “It was like someone flipped a switch in my brain. Since then, I’ve had a life-long love affair with Slash.”

The rival rockers are willing to put down their axes and forge an alliance, that is if they can convince other female Guns N’ Roses fans to take up the trade.

“If there were five (all women Guns N’ Roses tribute bands), we could have a festival,” said Maase.

Von Glitz agrees.

“We’d just start an orgy to the sound of the poetically sinful ‘November Rain’ and melt into the horizon on a slow fade,” she said.

Reach reporter Danielle Furfaro at dfurfaro@cnglocal.com or by calling (718) 260-2511. Follow her at twitter.com/DanielleFurfaro.

Homey from Crooklyn says:
Yawn...
Feb. 13, 2013, 9:11 am
caleb-a from somewhere daddy paid for says:
Let's play dress up! Yay!
Feb. 13, 2013, 9:36 am
hipster hater from where hipsters fear to tread says:
if i may:

welcome to new brooklyn – by bums and posers
Welcome to the New Brooklyn
It’s all fun and games
Our parents give us what we want
Honey – you know our names
There’s Caleb, Josh, Stephonica
Hayden, Quinn and Reid.
If you got Midwestern money,
Then we got breast milk cheese.

[Chorus]
In New Brooklyn, welcome to New Brooklyn
Watch me raise my rooftop
B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b bees, bees.
I’ll always be a – hayseed.

Welcome to the New Brooklyn
We play with food and clay
If you want to grow a beard
New Brooklyn is the place
And you’re a very nasally herb
Get blown away by a breeze
You can have public pillow fights
But I’ll break your ——in knees.
In New Brooklyn, welcome to New Brooklyn
I miss my, my, my mom’s Ovaltine
Ooh, I want to hear a nasal shriek
YAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Solo

Welcome to New Brooklyn
It gets better every day
Your pets are cage-free farm animals
Your straight but you act gay
If you have a liberal arts degree
You can work in a smug gallery.
You can play kickball all you want
Wear ski hats when it’s 100 degrees

[Chorus]
In New Brooklyn, welcome to New Brooklyn
Watch me raise my rooftop
B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b bees, bees.
I’ll always be a – hayseed.

And when you’re high you never ever want to call Mom, call mom, call mommmm. Like yahhhhh!!

Solo

You know where you are?
You’re down in New Brooklyn, Caleb.
You’re gonna tie dieeeee.
In New Brooklyn, welcome to New Brooklyn
Watch me raise me rooftop B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b bees, bees
In New Brooklyn, welcome to New Brooklyn.
Drink my, my, my Sunny-D
In New Brooklyn, welcome to New Brooklyn
My beard is full of f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-fleas, fleas
In New Brooklyn, welcome to New Brooklyn
Its where you dress like a clown, YAH!!

Feb. 13, 2013, 10:58 am
jinxy from crow hei says:
how is a cover band not about playing the right notes? one band is ladies playing rock, the other is girls playing dressup.
Feb. 13, 2013, 12:21 pm
JAY from NYC says:
too bad they don't learn to write their own songs instead of being a lame copy band, and sorry, just like that smiths cover band, it just is not that funny.
Feb. 13, 2013, 8:54 pm
T-bone from DoBro says:
So you guys allow people to spew DieHipster hate and violent posts but you censor the fact that we called some of these people Big Beautiful Women?
Feb. 14, 2013, 8:23 am
gimme from yours says:
hear that t-bone! - I always got a bone for rockin bbws, and what would Axl say about getting censored here? ha - get in the ring brooklyn paper!
Feb. 14, 2013, 10:26 am
Joey from Clinton Hills says:
what! no mention of where to see these bands? No plug for a gig? Who is at fault? The journalist or the bands?
Feb. 14, 2013, 11:23 am
JAY from NYC says:
Joey that is actually a good point, makes me say what the deuce, is this some sort of manufactured made up fake cover band because the brooklyn paper could not come up with a real story?
Where is this going anyway? Whats next, ask the readers to rate the women on the basis of attractiveness in these two so called alleged bands?
Feb. 14, 2013, 9:47 pm
TYLER from EAST VILLAGE says:
ACTUALLY. If you compare a video of the Crocket Queens to a video of Guns n Hoses, there is NO comparison. GUNS N HOSES has been playing longer, harder, with a much bigger fanbase, and internet presence, not to mention they are world's hotter, which is just a bonus. They don't have a keyboard because they are accurate, and there was no use of keyboard on Appetite which is what the stick to. OH, and they are all kick ass front women of their own bands. GNH is a side project for FUN.
Feb. 19, 2013, 6:36 pm
TYLER from EAST VILLAGE says:
COMPARE THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv_Prn9xwHQ

TO THIS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RLxtFeLwut4

NO question. Guns n' Hoses WINS.
Feb. 19, 2013, 6:42 pm
Camarena from reality check says:
@JAY
Excuse me? The rad women in Guns N' Hoses ALL have their own bands, DO in fact write their own songs and kick major ass at it (I'm sure the Rocket Queens have a lot going on for themselves, too). Check yo self.

TYLER knows what's up.